↑ ↓

about 86 RIR

Dieses Thema im Forum "Suche & Info's zu Personen" wurde erstellt von brunof62, Dez. 1, 2019 um 09:31 Uhr.

1. brunof62

brunof62 Bekanntes Mitglied AbzeichenUser

[​IMG]

German line 86 RIR (18 Reserve Infantery Division), April 1916, Hill 119 near Souchez / Givenchy-en-Gohelle (Northern France).

Best regards

Bruno

Zuletzt bearbeitet: Dez. 1, 2019 um 09:43 Uhr
    Nordarmee gefällt das.
  2. brunof62

[​IMG]

Nordarmee gefällt das.
  3. Nordarmee

Nordarmee Mitglied AbzeichenUser

Hi Bruno,
    I am interested in the 18. Inf.Div. (since it is a North german Division). In Okt. 2019 I stayed a couple of days in the Ypern/Iper area and I also spent a full day at givenchy and vimy. The photo looks like a mine crater now housing german troops? Is this correct?

Best wishes

Frank

Anhänge:

4. brunof62

Hi Franck

[​IMG]

Yes that is correct. A french local historical newspaper (2016) has published this map of the German line ( hill 119). I think that is probably the same location, but dated of January 1917 in front of Givenchy lines (the Pimple for Canadians). German troops housing in this hard sector. Most part of these craters disappeared as a result of the works of the modern A26 motorway. However, some of them, are still visible in S/E part near Vimy site (hill 140).

Best regards

Bruno

5. brunof62

Hills 119 and 140, Canadian map 1917.

[​IMG]

6. Nordarmee

Nordarmee Mitglied AbzeichenUser

Hi Bruno,
    I just took a look to my RIR86 photos and found something suitable from April 1916. The Fotos shows men from the third Company RIR86 in a trench. The soldier on the left (front row) has a pickaxe in his hands, a neckerchief and something on his trousers to protect his boots. Two soldiers behind him wear unusal hats. Looks like a Team of german Mineurs ! Probably they were responsible for one of the craters on hill119!

Best wishes

frank

Anhänge:

7. Deichkind

Deichkind Supermoderator / Ehrenmitglied AbzeichenMod

"I am interested in the 18. Inf.Div."
    Es ist allerdings die 18. Reserve ID!
    Wir sehen ua den Kompanieschreiber Schulz von der 3. Kp.
    D.

House Of History Heeresgeschichten Hans Tröbst Sammlergemeinschaft Deutscher Auszeichnungen Wöschler Orden Militaria und Antiquitäten